Pull the edge loose at the firewall end and pivot the cover back.
This connector has a slide mechanism. I have my finger in the pull handle for it.
The fuse block removed from the vehicle. You can see the battery terminal post on the lower left edge.
I carefully removed all fuses and relays from the fuse block and laid them out in the order removed.
I took the back cover off of the fuse block and started disassembling it.
Once I had it opened it was easy to see the damage. Slightly right of center.
The damage was even easier to see from the relay side of the board. I feel fairly confident that if this problem would have been caught soon enough, the solder joint could have been repaired or a new relay installed (if one could have been located). I have 4 good used ones now.
The old fuse block on the left and the new one on the right.
I plugged everything back in and bolted the fuse block in place.
This is the end of the battery cable that I referred to earlier.
The cover for the battery stud on the fuse block.
I put all of the covers back on, cleared the codes and test drove the vehicle. This one is done.
This repair will generally apply to Ford and Lincoln full sized trucks and suv's in the same years//body style. Check diagrams and component locators before jumping any circuits, as I did.